Thursday, February 4, 2010

Past attractions at EPCOT - Part 1

Lyanne (Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas)

Like Jenn's previous post, I love to watch attractions videos but it wasn't until a couple of days a go that I realized that instead of watching all the videos of rides I had already been on (and hopefully will be on again ;) ) I wanted to watch videos of previous attractions that I hadn't had the chance to see or attractions that I saw as a little kid but only have vague memories of.

I figured there are too many past attractions in of all the parks so I'm just gonna share a few from EPCOT.

First up is Kitchen Kabaret, this 13 minute audio-animatronic show closed January 3,1994 after 12 years. This show was present since EPCOT's opening day.





Kitchen Kabaret was later replaced by Food Rocks. The show opened on March 26, 1994 and closed January 3, 2004 to make way for Soarin'.





Now we move from the Land pavillion to another part of Future World, where now Mission Space stands. There stood Horizons. This attraction opened on October 1st, 1983 and closed on January 9, 1999.






I'm gonna leave it at that for now. There's still a lot more past attractions at EPCOT and previous versions of attractions still in existence (and that's just in EPCOT!). I hope you enjoyed the videos. Have a great day everybody!

1 comment: